I am a Certified Financial Planner. I am also an investment adviser, trained to help individuals and families invest and manage their portfolios for the long term.
But my interests are much more than money and finances. My entire adult life I have pursued personal growth and wellness, exploring the activities and ways of living which make for a more fulfilling life. I have been a Wellness coach and have made a lifelong practice of Mindfulness, meditation, physical and mental health and wellness.
Today I help people with a hundred and one mundane, and not so mundane, financial issues. It might be evaluating housing options, preparing for college spending, investing portfolios, deciding how to manage IRAs and 401(k)s, planning for life after work (some people call it retirement) and wrestling with (and hopefully come to more peace with) their money concerns, confusions and fears. But my website does not “lead” with my financial credentials and money discussions. Why?
It’s not really about the money
It’s about your life, relationships and meaning in the final estimation (and actually in the initial estimation as well)
...How we live. How we love...
Money, Mind and Meaning
Meaning is what really matters for us. Mind is the tremendously porous prism through which we interpret and perceive meaning, purpose and the whole ball of wax. Money matters come in third, although money and finances are incredible complex and impactful in our lives in many practical and profound ways.
Importantly, the best laid financial plans can be easily sabotaged by the mind gone astray: getting stuck in financial paralysis, pulling out investments at the wrong time, making imprudent bets on real estate because everyone is doing it or being seduced by the current financial newsletter littering your inbox or mailbox promising tremendous market-beating opportunities that you can’t afford to miss.
If you are actively looking for financial and life planning help, seek out someone who is not only competent but someone whom you respect and with whom you can relate.
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Financial Planning Certificate, UCLA.
- BA in Chemistry, University of Colorado
- Financial Planner, Penniall and Associates, Pasadena, CA.
- Director of the Financial Planning , Wealth Planning & Management, Woodland Hills, CA.
- Owner and Coach, Paul Norr Wellness, Saint Paul, MN.
- Board of Directors, Program Chair, Financial Planning Association (FPA), Ventura County
- Health Team leader, Thousand Oaks Council on Aging.
- Meditation Instructor, Cancer Support Community
- Pro bono financial planning, Senior Concerns in Thousand Oaks.
I have supported numerous community organizations over the years either as a volunteer or as a board member. These include Little Brothers, Friends of the Elderly, Diversity Training, Pathways Health Crises Center, Minnesota Zen Centerand Clouds in Water Zen Center.